Monday, November 11, 2013

MY NKV(National Kid’s Village) Experience


 

It was my first time serving the youngest ministry of our community the Kids for Christs. At first when they asked me if my schedule would permit me to serve, without any hesitation I said yes though I still don’t know if I will be off on that day. I was claiming already and acting in anticipation that 1st of December will be my off.

I attended the first meeting and I was assigned to handle senior kids ages 9-12 years old. The meeting went well and they even asked us to dance for the session. Four days prior to NKV, it was the last and final meeting. I was not able to come because I was in Abu Dhabi for an on-call shift. I received a call informing me that I will be doing the workshop 3 since the discerned speaker was sick and won’t be able to come. I was reluctant at first because I doubted and never had an experience of standing in front proclaiming God’s Greatness. They had given me a night to think and confirm, if not they will look for another option.

As I had my “selah” moments that night before retiring to bed, I spoke to the Lord about worthiness of being called to serve. It was through reading Didache a daily scriptural reflection that our Great God answered my doubts. The reflection was about talents and how he able to face his fears in singing alone in a huge crowd. Though I still have my doubts but I kept hold on to his promise in Philippians 4:13 that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. With this affirmation and through His grace I claim that I will be able to stand in front of these lovely kids along with the couple coordinators from different emirates proclaiming His greatness.

The following day, I called Jessica our team head for the confirmation despite the fact that I still don’t have the materials for session 3. I can’t even watch the videos since internet connection is prohibited at work. I just hold on to that affirmation and conditioned myself with a faithful heart. I know it is not me speaking but I am just only His instrument for these kids.

NKV’s theme for this year was “MOVE”. Kids should move by God, for God and with God. The whole day I was uneasy, I was so worried if I could able to do it well in stage. The 3rd session was the last part of the program so I have ample time to prepare, rehearse and recondition myself.

As we are about to I start, I asked God’s leading and providence. My prayer was “Lord God I know you will be with me all throughout the session because I know you are the one speaking. I am just your instrument for the kids. True enough as I got out from the backstage and shouted “Good afternoon Kids for Christ”, I was talking spontaneously. I stood and spoke God’s words to the kids beyond my imagination. I ended my session with a prayer that these kids will continue to stand and lead as a young Christ like leaders, able to serve and proclaim His greatness in their family, school, neighborhood and friends.

My reflection on what happened to me in NKV was I felt so blessed and privileged of being called to serve. I know our Lord God is preparing me for something greater and I will always be excited for it. The experience really helped me a lot, I was moved to do more and shine more for His glory. I learned to always trust and keep believing of His magnificence.  May God be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment