Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Catholic Youth Conference of Arabia

I never thought that I would be part of this tremendous event in UAE. When I saw the ACYC volunteers in St. Michal's Church grounds, I had this question of What ACYC is all about. Watching all the advertisements and videos being flashed in the church, I already got some ideas of it. I started then discerning for this conference. I am working in shifts and definitely not in all weekends I will be off. God is ever faithful and He knowshow to put so much joy in the hearts of His children. He paved the way and arranged everything for me. He allowed me to be part of this conference.

I came late on the first day because my shift ended at 12 noon and missed two talks already. My first session was with the workshop of Bro. George Gabriel from Light of Jesus and one of the Preachers in Blue Jeans. It was about listening to the right voice and great commune with our Lord. In communicating with Him, we should deliberately conditioned our ears so that we can hear the right voice. Bro. George encouraged us to have "selah" moments, a time to pause and meditate for us to recollect and retreat. At times when I pray, I usually talk a lot and not even bothering to listen to His voice.

The speakers were all great and inspiring. Fr. Stan Fortuna a rapper priest from USA mentioned in one of his talks that Satan is doing something and make us more vulnerable of sins most especially when we already conditioned ourselves to be good. In times of temptation, we should learn to be back to the arms of our Heavenly Father and pray. Bro. Matt Fradd an Australian but currently residing in California gave emphasis on the importance of our Mother Mary as a perfect model of faith. Praying the rosary as our means to develop our devotion to Mother Mary and it serves as a weapon, an anchor and a chain that would take us away from the chain of sins.

The second day workshop by Bro. George Gabriel is all about things to be done while waiting for the answered prayers. He summarized everything in abbreviation of WAIT but has to be started at the last letter. T stands for Trust, we should trust the Lord and always remember His promise in Jeremiah 29:11-13. Second is I stands for Improve, improving ourselves while waiting for the perfect one to be the one. Third is A stands for Act, act in anticipation and act as if. The last is W which stands for worship. In 1Thessalonians 5:17, give thanks in all circumstances. The workshop is a reminder for me to wait and allow our Lord to take His ways because His ways are not just for better but always best than ours.

I am so blessed to be part of this conference. Mingling with different youth from different communities and nationalities put so much joy in my heart. Its an avenue for me to explore and experience more of His love and magnificence. I met new friends, prayer partner from Oman and even invited an Indian Single to be part of Singles for Christ. It allowed me to share how the Lord moved and changed me with the community of Singles for Christ. Lastly a reminder for me  to always enter the faith, experience and live with it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment