Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Prayer For Victims of Yolanda


My country the Philippines was hit by one of the strongest typhoons in history. I was in great pain and even cried when I saw the devastation caused by the typhoon. Every time I saw dead bodies in the photo posted in the internet, I paused and prayed for their soul. I know this is very difficult for our kababayans. They lost not just their properties but lives of their loved ones as well. I was crying when I wrote this blog, merely because I was also in pain.

Even my brothers and sisters in Singles for Christ whose families are residing in these affected areas asking for our prayers. Some of them, wanted to go home for the reason that they can’t contact their families back home. Then just this morning I listened to the song Surrender by Lincoln Brewster.


I'm giving you my heart, and all that is within
 I lay it all down for the sake of you my King
 I'm giving you my dreams, I'm laying down my rights
 I'm giving up my pride for the promise of new life
 
 And I surrender all to you, all to you
 And I surrender all to you, all to you
 
photos by www. Philstar.com

photos by www. Philstar.com
 I'm singing You this song, I'm waiting at the cross
 And all the world holds dear, I count it all as loss
 For the sake of knowing You for the glory of Your name
 To know the lasting joy, even sharing in Your pain
 
Christian lyrics - SURRENDER LYRICS - LINCOLN BREWSTER

 

 
 An hour after I received a message informing me that one of our SFC brothers’ family is safe. I cried because God is ever faithful, He always listens to our prayers. I humbly surrender everything to Him whatever His reasons may be and I will continue to pray and lift everything to Him. He never forsakes and abandons us. I am looking forward to see rainbow after this rain.  In times like this, may we continue to seek Him and see Him.

 
Heavenly Father, merciful and ever loving, we praise and thank You for your love and providence for our kababayans who are affected by the Typhoon Yolanda. Thank You Heavenly Father for sending more angels to help in rescue operation and for all the donations we received from different parts of the world. I surrender to You Lord God the victims especially those who are in grief. May they continue to see light amidst darkness, seek you more in times like these. I pray that all these donations received will be given to the beneficiaries. Heavenly Father, cuddle my kababayans especially those who are confused and devastated of what was going on. These I asked in your mightiest Name and at the foot of the cross of your Son Jesus, our Victor, Protector and Healer. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment