Monday, October 28, 2013

Present Day Apostles


“Brothers and sisters: You are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the holy ones and members of the household of God.” Ephesians 2:19

                 This verse is taken from the first reading today, Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. It is an affirmation that God calls each and everyone of us to serve in his household. I was once insensitive of God’s presence in my life. Yes, I go to church out of my father’s obligation. I am grateful that He led me to the community where I learned to know more of Him. I know God is a God of perfect timing. Every time I was called for service in Singles for Christ, I felt more of His abounding love. Why? Because I Know that despite of my unworthiness, He still chose me.  Just like everyone in Ephesus, we are all called no matter what we have done in the past. God never chose his people with regards to his/her past. As long as we know how to repent and be honest of our sins, He will continue to use us.      

                In the gospel today, Jesus chose His twelve apostles. He never had chosen those who were wealthy and famous but those who were unknown and least liked. Peter was an ordinary fisherman and Mathew as a tax collector who at that time considered as outcast. Jesus called each one of them to be His apostles. I am very grateful that they responded to Jesus invitation. Today, we are the present apostles. We are called to serve him and proclaim His magnificence. He never stops knocking in our hearts until we responded to His calling. There are certain situations and conditions that hinder us to say yes.  We just learn to surrender our frailties and He will take care of the rest.

                Lord God thank You and Praise You for always embracing me despite of my unfaithfulness, at times I fell over the same sins, You still chose to love me. Heavenly Father I am always grateful for this privilege of using me. I know I can’t do these things without you.  May you continue to touch my heart, use me and equip me. I know there are more exciting things to come and I should be excited for it. Heavenly father I offer to you myself, take away all the shame and doubts in me. I know at times I am vulnerable, may you continue to send your Holy Spirit to lead and guide me away from sins. Thank You Heavenly Father! These I pray in your mightiest name, with Your Son Jesus, my Savior and King. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment